Visit the Irish Soda Bread Way and meet warm and inviting hosts, Carmel and Mary. Listen as Mary chats about the history of Irish food culture and heritage and after, watch Carmel make traditional Irish scones. Have a go at baking the warm, fluffy treats yourself and when they are in the oven, Carmel explains how to perfect brown soda bread. After learning from the experts, it's time to attempt your own soda bread.
While the bread is baking, the scones are ready to eat. Smother them with lashings of Irish country butter and locally produced homemade jam while enjoying a cup of tea and a chat.
Discover how Irish country butter is made and the superstitions, or piseogs to use the traditional Irish phrase, linked to this particular skill. At the end of the class, bring home your delicious soda bread and scones, if there's any left that is.
- Pick up insider tips from the experts, Carmel and Mary.
- Learn the art of making soda bread.
- Try your hand at a traditional scone.
- Discover the history of Irish butter and its many superstitions.
- Advanced booking is essential.